2023 10 02 jsm QUAKE song 'BANG' 1st Midi File Play in 15yrs Wav Samples Spit & Shine in Akai S3000i & S6000

All the Latest News, Feedback, Updates & Comments from jsm will be found somewhere here...
ukjsm
Site Admin

2023 10 02 jsm QUAKE song 'BANG' 1st Midi File Play in 15yrs Wav Samples Spit & Shine in Akai S3000i & S6000

Post by ukjsm »

oops!

Powering up the studio for the second time now after 4-6 months of not being used at all, all starts first time. so i start prepping all the equipment with the Quake Ep audio for the song called 'BANG' to be loaded into the equipment, ready for midi playback... just the bang song tho, not going near 'RIPPIR' until 'BANG' is finnished... 'RIPPIR' will involve the guitars and more live elements and i cant quite face that yet!!!

On n Off, here there n everywhere in between everything else around everyday life, i was slowly updating some of the samples used in the original two tracks i made for the Quake Ep. now i am older and dont want my songs finnished yesterday, and my production skills are a lot more refined, i can definately appreciate the improvements in my working practices currently being applied as i type... much better cleaner crisper sounding samples before they ever get anyway near and re-introduced back into the digital midi recording studio... And now for the very first time in over 15years WoW!!!, i used my digital midi recording studio, to playback my very first midi song, made by me!!! oh so looong ago...

within an hour of getting the studio switched on, i was allready hearing a basic midi track being played back, and honestly it was more than a pleasure just to hear the racket that i was making, as it had been sooo looong since i had ever done this... also, hearing me say bang, watch out, here i come, was quite interesting, definately can improve on them now lol, i sound like a babyface!!! naaah, it was nice to hear it, wow, 15 years ago. never met emma, hadnt had john. it was just selfish little me then lol...

and now i have the akai s6000 i can enhance some of the samples into stereo to widen the feel of the track... the moog stuff sounds really good with just a little chorus and reverb and cuts through nicely in the stereo field once done...

redid the original drum loop sample into the Akai S3000i 32Mbyte memory recently upgraded from 16Mbytes, into stereo as well and also re-cycled the original Drum LooP you could say... but!!! the loop itself is quite plain and clean, so all my clever trickery using loops, didnt quite do what i wanted it too... dont get me wrong, they are still amazing just not quite there yet... an interesting discovery because now i think i know what i need to do,,, to get that feel from the percussion loops to give me that GOOD OLD 'Drum & Bass' bang in ye face feeling... that will be a discovery for another song though as i will be keeping to the original feel and approach and authenticity of the original 'BANG' song here... another small thought is i might have a bitta drum n bass in there, but as an extra to play around with live when free-styling, not neccesarily for the main song tho...

oops!

((( oh! and for the geeks!!! to make stereo in the Akai S3000i!!! i actually make 2 sets of the exact same drum loop, each with 32 re-cycled parts, pan 1 hard L, and the other hard R, then trigger both on the same midi track... VERY expensive memory wise, but im waiting to see if the end result will be worth it and reep the rewards if they deserve it... you will eventually get to hear it and decide for yourselves all in good old fashioned divine time peeps i promise...)))

the moog samples i created 15years ago still sound so good n fresh to this very day, and i always end up going back to them every now and then...

i had fun doing this. i forgot to record the results in the Recording Studio PC for studio audio quality but atleast it was captured on the tablet as i do remember i was being very spontanious at the time... no actual planning was involved here tbh... i will definately do this again, but with a studio quality output for all you wonderfull souls out there on Youtube, but warning, its angry, egotistical, and doesnt care wether you like it or not. its bloody noisy...

oops!

oh! ps. watch out for the easter egg or two or five pages in there too... :p
may god bless you, may god guide you, and may god protect you...
i luv u all and wish you the best life has to bring...
in the spirit of love & light...
jsm...

oops!

May God Guide You, May God Bless You, May God Protect You...
love light learn live, but dont forget to live...
jsm...