2024 02 05 - Mike Side Chat time Happy 2024 Making Music Videos in Leonardo.AI PlazmaPunk Pika plus jsm Song WIPs

All the Latest News, Feedback, Updates & Comments from jsm will be found somewhere here...
ukjsm
Site Admin

2024 02 05 - Mike Side Chat time Happy 2024 Making Music Videos in Leonardo.AI PlazmaPunk Pika plus jsm Song WIPs

Post by ukjsm »

... Mike Side Chat time Happy 2024 ...

Common Sovereign Laws Apply

Mike Side Chat time Happy 2024 Making Music Videos in Leonardo.AI PlazmaPunk Pika plus jsm Song WIPs

more info & full text:
viewtopic.php?t=628

and so, after a couple of hours or so last friday evening messing around with my mike stands, camera stands, and monior and tablet stands, all in my bloody bedroom i might add, as its too cold in the back attic at the moment.

i finally find a repeatable and reliable way to record some basic jsm video capture on my samsung galaxy tablet against a big wide semi white and needing a paint job bedroom wall.

i eventually get round to capturing another look at meee jsm video file, ready to be inserted into yet another audio song file called 'Around The World' by jsm @ SMStudios eventually to be uploaded at a later date, and coming to a youtube channel, near you, soon...

2023 was busy for me

its been a busy busy year, but a blessing to see my gorgeous gal slowly getting better and more mobile again from her severe debilitating endometriosis condition that completely crippled her most of the time. i ended up having to push her about on a wheelchair if we went outdoors and she was permenantly on crutches the rest of the time.

but she has slowly started to recover, and hopefully this year she starts to get her life back again as well. i love her to bits, and we will just take it one day at a time, and make the very best of what each day brings to us.

god bless this amazing universe for all the help that came our way because we really needed it at times, and sometimes it really feels like divine intervention stepping in and helping us bear the burdon so to speak...

STUDIO STUFF

had to stop on the mix as it was becoming apparent it was not meant to be at this moment in time. but boy what a blast and what an amazing experience and the sound we had already created. sometimes things are just meant to be.

and that moment most certainly was meant to be for me and my humble little recording studio in the back attic as it was slowly being sticky taped back together. an amazing sound, an amazing voice and singer, and a bloody good post production all from my pretty little head and in my humble little back attic home recording studio i can tell you.

and a bloody good moment in time for me too i can safely say. it actually got me through the initial startup and re-build and repair of my little studio, and slowly but surely, it is now all up and ready for making music. never say never eh!...

made a few spiritual songs from the recording studio, but way way more freestyle rather than composed or written in a digital midi recording studio format. i think the quake ep will be the first of my songs and audio to be post produced in the digital midi recording studio when i eventually get round do doing it. but up until now it has mostly been just freestyle jammin with a korg keyboard occasionaly poked and prodded for some added melody content if you can call it that hahaha.

did manage to get some crystal clear vocal recordings in the back attic when i put my mind to it, so that was a good result for this humble little setup. and it wasnt until recording on a phantom powered mike in the dining room downstairs in prep for other future ideas, alongside two running pc's and a freezer in the background that i realised just how quiet the back attic was.

oh! and the ticking clock on the wall. i want to get to a place that i can easily and quickly record 'studio quality audio' in the dining room, and maybe even mike stuff too.

more info & full text:
viewtopic.php?t=628

WIN98 RECORDING STUDIO PC

the recording studio pc, running that awesome windows 98, has never played up once since the new win98 hard drive installation. when i damaged the motherboard many many moons ago, i purchased an exact copy through ebay, and simply replaced the old with the new.

much time later, after realising i never re installed a fresh new copy of Windows98 after the motherboard change i quickly did so, and since that, all my midman card issues have ceased to be. runs every time to this very day now eh!!!

(((has to be Win98 for the winman midiman 4x4 isa card, amazing card never let me down, never missed midi notes tbh - funny tho! you forget what a NIGHTMARE it can be sometimes re-installing win 98 and its drivers... grrr :[

also about 2 years or so ago, i added a M-AUDIO Delta 44 audio sound card to the win98 recording studio pc, giving 4 audio ins and 4 audio outs. never really needed to do this, but after much research and reading way back then i knew i wanted to do this for future ideas if i ever decided to get them off the ground.

and this also gives me greater flexability regarding patching the sounds through sends and returns from the pc out into the real world and vice versa. not there yet, but the option now is, in case i ever do decide to go down that rabbit hole...

DIGITAL RECORDING OBS STUDIO PC

on the studio internet pc (win10 & Davinci Resolve & Cool Edit Pro)
and not the recording studio pc (win98 & Cakewalk 8 Pro Midi & Cool Edit Pro)
(( this pc currently on the diningroom table while i do my davinci resolve work))

and due to the amazing quality and success of the recording studio pc getting a M-AUDIO Delta44 audio card upgrade, i just recently decided to purchase cheap and second hand obviously, (dont make em any more) another Delta 44 to the studio win10 internet pc, the pc that does all the davinci resolve video editing that you see me posting up to youtube.

this is because i eventually intend to use the extra ins and outs if windows 10 and obs studio are clever enough to do so, this will also come in handy alongside a spare yamaha pro1 mixer for audio re-routing. may even consider a live stream of sorts but im not ruling anything in or out yet...

if i had to pin jsm down on the above paragraph i would say, imagine watching someone create construct edit produce a song or sample or samples or an audio piece of sorts live and in realtime. maybe even video content as well but everyones doing the video bit already on youtube, and i dont really think i could ever do it as much justice as the existing davinci resolve video content creators already do out there on youtube.

and my heart and passion really is in the audio if i had to be honest with you so it will probably end up being something more to do with that if i was held at gunpoint over this. better still, imagine someone realtime jammin a mix or realtime midi re-mix you could say. dont know how to explain it, but when im ready, you will be the very first to know. lol, i allready done it, its f**n amazing, just havent recorded it yet, so watch this space. needs a shitload of prep tho i can tell you. the quake ep would be an excellent launch pad for this in my opinion...

LIVING ROOM LIVE RECORDING

but the main reason for the studio internet pc delta 44 is if i want to record recording studio quality wav files downstairs i can use this pc to capture anything i want anywhere instantly, and i do not have to wait until i am in the back attic recording studio, pending everyday life and circumstances getting in the way of-course. and if you are well read on jsm you will already know this pc is currently in the dining room where i am creating all the videos to my songs and audio that you get to see on youtube...

but anything guitar related, scratching on sl1200 related, or keyboards or anything you plug in and play related, can now be done downstairs on a huge diningroom table, immediately and on the fly, with just two jack plugs to be plugged in. the next speed test on this will probably be the SL1200 scratching to the umpa thumpa track i mentioned in the latest mike side chat video here now on youtube...

COOL EDIT PRO

the main problem i have will be with the 'cool edit pro' NOT running as well on modern operating systems, and especially on ssd drives for some strange weird reason. anyway, this hurdle is for another day. actually, im more grateful that cep still runs to this day on windows 10, when you consider it came out on windows 98 and runs great on that too...

simply put. my diningroom pc running win7 on spindle hard drive, cep runs brilliantly and as it should. yes a bit slower due to pc and spindle hard drive, but i can tell its running perfectly and as it always has done in the past for me...

two different pc's running win7 ssd drive sucks. delay everytime on the 'actionable' moment of telling cep to do something or clicking 'ok'. dont know why? just a delay about 0.5 to 1 sec drives me f*****n m*****d. cant tolerate it, wont tolerate it...

win10 with ssd. cep sucks again, even more so i think tbh. plus i cant even be specific with compatability modes with any issues either now. it records audio into cep brilliantly and fine with no problems whatsoever, as has every other platform. that is actually an ok situation for the win10 pc ssd because i only intend using it for events similar recording long audio takes or maybe even playing them, as apposed to actual wave form heavy editing work...

but when you start quick editing on win10 ssd, its the delay everytime to tell the software to perform an actionable event. and at the speed i work, it f**n sucks i can tell you...

and i already know the audience for cep (cool edit pro) is low to non existent nowadays lol, but its just about to get smaller when i tell you i use v1.2 and not 2. hahahahahahah yep i hear ya, so jsm you gotta wait for all the undos to undo, yep! i do! but thats because of other little features that were lost to the ether in v2 that i rely on far to much 1.2 to ever consider giving it up, and so i stick to 1.2. the modern stuff i hear you all say, naaah, thanks but no thanks, my cool edit aint broke so i aint fixin it, nuff said!!!

QUAKE EP

quake ep video editing prep is all done in davinci resolve and is ready for when the two songs are done, which wont be for a while now as i am too busy enjoying the video work at present. and if i do decide to go for 60fps for the quake ep specifically as apposed to 30fps for this project, i will have to re-edit the starts and ends of AALLLL the video segment edits on all the timelines and believe me, there are thousands... :[

and and, if i decide to use the quake ep for free-style midi jammin in obs or tablet video then that takes another whole load of work. aaah f**k it, we all know i luv it!!! and by divine grace, so it is...

well, just put my first mike side chat up as you are reading this. musically i am most definately motivated and ready to do more of. the video side has been mind blowing, and see it only getting better. i am really exited and looking forward to where all this is heading. dont forget to enjoy the journey, cause its all about the journey, not the destination. go listen to the expert homeless preacher on my lucozade bootleg for more on this.

it would also be really very nice to re-connect with some past muso's if they are up for it. and perhaps even one day some live streams from jsm @ SMStudios for the very first time ever. i dont know. i never say never...

and i already know my obs is livestreaming and recording perfectly to youtube, as many moons ago as i was walking downstairs to my bedroom from emmas bedroom upstairs [we like our own bedrooms but we looove each other alright lol] emma blurted out have you just uploaded a video to youtube, and im half way down the stairs saying no why? - turns out john my 7years old now son had just tested it for me about ten minutes after we set it up lol...

i hope you all have an amazing 2024 and you manage to achieve and do whatever it is you want to. youtube is one of many ways to socially connect and interact with other like minded souls out there, provided you stay away from all the negative aspects of this kind of platform.

and i only hope my reach and network gets out to any and all so that it supports, helps, inspires, and motivates all you guys n gals to do whatever it is you have wanted to do. go on, go for it. you can, and you will, if you just do. sometimes it just takes a little time, and in no time at all, you have allready done, what you thought you never could...

may god bless you, may god guide you, and may god protect you. you are amazing. you are wonderful. and you are perfect. i should know! i know who made you.... jsm...

May God Guide You, May God Bless You, May God Protect You...
love light learn live, but dont forget to live...
jsm...