2022 07 07 The SMStudios Recording Studio

All the Latest News, Feedback, Updates & Comments from jsm will be found somewhere here...
ukjsm
Site Admin

2022 07 07 The SMStudios Recording Studio

Post by ukjsm »

oops!

S.M.Studios... Recording Studio

after nearly 10 years of neglect the humble home recording studio is slowly being repaired, soldered, re-soldered, and stiky taped back together, and is nearly back up to its original intended usability.

i mean seriously, how many people are mad enough to change 19 sliders with 7 solder connections on each one, on a mixing desk so old no one wants em, and is cheaper to buy second hand on ebay, than the sliders cost me all the way from china including import duty lol...

(honestly, ive had it since new, and wanted to keep it for my son john whos 5years old and loves playing in the studio. when he is old enough and he wants it, it will become his...

" if it was built by man, then surely it can be repaired by man "

psst... anyone out there selling a great condition yamaha o2r96 get it on ebay n let me know...

also started working on something i mixed a long time ago, as a means to getting the studio up and running as well as getting me back into the recording studio very very gently.

ironically it has turned out to be a very interesting journey, with little to no work applied, merely divine intervention i would suggest, giving the song a very uptodate and refreshing modern but commercial feel to the original song. my only hope is she likes it...

i actually had to sit and read instruction manuals and watch youtube videos to learn how to use my akai samplers once again, and try to figure out what i could do with my eyes shut nearly 15years ago. you do not know how fustrating that was for me. oh! and i have definately lost my ear for notation. cant tell my arse from my elbow when it comes to figuring out notes and keys tbh i never really was that good to be truthful... :(

oops!

May God Guide You, May God Bless You, May God Protect You...
love light learn live, but dont forget to live...
jsm...