Around The World - Main Commercial Mix using Pexels and Pixabay Video Content

heres where to find all the songs and audio as well as any video i chuck together...
ukjsm
Site Admin

Around The World - Main Commercial Mix using Pexels and Pixabay Video Content

Post by ukjsm »

... Around The World ...

Common Sovereign Laws Apply

... Around the World ...

Common Sovereign Laws Apply
PLAY ON WEBSITE

full transcript & audio files:
viewtopic.php?t=631

AROUND THE WORLD & THE MAKING OF

i was very happy with the final result, and it was all finished about 2 weeks ago or so, and uploaded, and ready to be made public on youtube for all you wonderful muso's out there on the world wide web. but i genuinly seem otherwise occupied and distracted by other more current and compelling desires taking place in and around my music, along with the wonderful world of AI or Artificial Intelligence you might have heard of while on you internet travels...

i was not intentionally not making it public for any reason to do with the song itself i can assure you. i did however want to get this text done first before i let it out, and that alone was a first for me for some reason. i really dunno why??? norally i just dump it out there, and then later when i can make some time, i do a small write-up or descriptive walkthrough of the makings of the particular audio/video piece in question...

but then all the new ai stuff got me temporarily distracted and took over more of my spare time, and now, weeks later after uploading this to youtube, the song video is ready for posting along with this completed text. i really do hope you njoy this little gem of mine i slapped together for all you guys n gals out there...

OUT OF TOUCH - SOON

(( the track mentioned above 'out of touch' was mentioned in themost recent mike side chat along with a small promo video clip somewhere inside the chat as well. well, you can stop watching that now, the PlazmaPunk AI video been taken out and replaced with PixVerse AI video content as it seems much more relevant and in keeping with that particular audio piece in question. you can go watch the shorts version of this song already uploaded to my youtube account in the last couple of days. its the first video ever im making, that i know im gonna luv making, but i will need a cold strong beer in my hand for this one. its going to be very very different i can tell you lol. its going to be very demanding on mine efforts, my knowledge (especially of adjustment clips), and yeeesss, fusion as well now, as i know some of what i want to do, sounds like it lends itself well to fusion clips in davinci resolve. so not long after saying im not touching the fusion page in davinci resolve on my latest mike side chat, i then start watching many many video to do with davinci resolve and the fusion tab. ah well, in for a penny, in for a pound... ))

PIXVERSE

as more and more free A.I. Artificial Intelligence promotional services are coming out, the latest one being PixVerse...
https://app.pixverse.ai/

so, while i was still working on 'around the world' about a week or so ago, and putting the finishing touches to the overall video which i am very very happy with, and then i once again get distracted by a new website called pixverse and know instantly what my next video was going to be, i set to work. god knows how many hours i spend generating content for this specific song wip, i would hate to guess. fyi the latest shorts video is a resuly of some very intensive work done on the pixverse website. but anyway, back to around the world...

(( oh! and im still busy crunching some more ai for 'get it on' which is looking amazing so far. and thanx to my gorgeous gals occasional input here and there. oh yeah! occasionally even she chips in, kicks my ass, and in her simple short sharp sweet princess kind of way says something like 'no dont do it like that, its shit! ))

AROUND THE WORLD using PEXELS.COM and PIXABAY.COM

as before, thanks to these two amazingly wonderful websites for giving content creators like myself some license free videos to start getting creative with, and thats exactly what i did for 'around the world' in this case. its only since using davinci resolve [dr] that i discovered these sites, thus allowing me much more flexability in my creative and experimental endeavours you could say. and i have on multiple occasions felt it neccesary to make a small humble donation to the creative owners of the videos, just to give a small thank you to their efforts as well. we are all making small progress off the backs of others at time. and sometimes it really does pay to 'pay it forward' and if i can stick my content for free on youtube to help inspire and entertain other wonderfull souls out there, then i can truly feel like i am also playing my small humble part in the so called butterfly effect...

the quaran says 'show the top of the hand not the bottom because in giving you receive'
the bible say 'do unto others what you have them do unto you'
universal law says 'laws of supply and return'
they all seem to be saying the same thing to me dont you think???

so, went to the two sites of my choice, downloaded many videos of people dancing, disco balls, lights, more people dancing, cgi people dancing etc etc. basically any video of someone looking like they are bopping to the beat i took it and downloaded it, and prepared some folders ready for davinci resolve to help make me another song video...

the audio song file was done 15 years ago now, and i did have the original wav files so a bit of spit and shine was applied to the post production of the material. i have noticed in hindsite, most of my songs and audio from then seem to come to life a little more if i apply some extra eq, compression, and occasional reverb if the idea permits...

the original audio to 'around the world' was actually a free-style jam to another bass drum with lazy crap electric guitar riffs i played for something else at the time. it was so so long ago. and i seem to remember just deciding to free-style on the mike to it to see what comes out. i really do love doing that. and i always occasionaly come up with a gem or two that i know would never have happened if i tried to plan then...

a little jam here, can make a lovely jam there...

oh yeah!!! another free-style jam from jsm all about watching his gal on the dance floor, loving what he was watching, and going on and on and on about how he likes what he is seeing and feeling...

as i remarked in my latest youtube mike side chat, for someone whos experience with women isnt exactly through the roof or anything special to write home about, it always amazes me just how much of my free-style stuff seems to revolve in and around this particular subject matter. that or the lordy lordy stuff i keep making when i jam on the korg keyboard every now and then...

hey, who cares eh! im having fun, no harm is ever intended, and its a good tune, so lets make it happen i say!!!

after adding some post production and dropping it into the relevant folder for dr, and starting some very basic video adding and editing, it was already looking like a nice blend of music and video to compliment the original intention of the song, so i cracked on and got to work. its time to make another good tune look good too...

CUT, CROP, CRAP!!!

very quickly and right from the outset, i noticed i was not very happy at all, with the fact that i couldnt get the video segments on the timeline to start and stop EXACTLY on all the beats and bars, as most video editors understandably so, place priority on the video editing and cutting, as apposed to the audio...

put simply, at 30 frames per second, you have to pick which of the thirty segments are closest to each and every beat you want the video change to take place on, and make do with that!!! no f**n way, not happening!!! my audio comes first, video second, and thats that...

so, eventually i realised if i went up to 60fps frames per second that would get me a little closer to each and every beat than before. i also concluded if i wanted to have any video at all to this little baby, my pc was going to have to cope with this as best it could, and i was going to have to tolerate not being able to match up each starting frame exactly as i would have liked. one 60th of a second will just have to do. the other worry was how would the pc cope with the 60fps. actually it did cope ok tbh. well, well enough to work on slowly and carefully that is...

and co-incidentally, even before discovering this little issue i had, i previously had also decided i wanted the video edits to be quicker and sharper and tighter and quite literally on the beat than i have usually done in the past. this was to try and add visual impact to the percussion and hopefully make everything feel a little more rather than less, while also keeping the feel of tempo quicker rather than slower...

so no fading and dragging any fx out too long. i wanted it all short, sharp, and quick! i also remember deciding i wanted the video to be tiring to the viewer and quick and full of too much stuff to watch, or busy busy busy for a more modern audience if you will...

(( i never forget, listening to a podcaster saying that even tik tok videos were getting too slooow for the younger generations, so much so they were even doing something else on their mobile devices at the same time as watching tik tok videos, to sustain their permenantly high requirements for full on audio and visual entertainment, as apposed to an older generation, uhemm, ahhh, hmmm, lke me... ))

VOCALS VIDEO

it was very early on in the making of the video that i decided i wanted to see some of me in the video singing along to the song, and obviously this required some video of me singing along to my nearly 20 years old baby. i didnt have any idea if it would work, i knew i didnt want a lot of me in there, but i wasnt going to know until i had atleast tried it out...

so, in the dining room, i decided i had 10minutes, yes 10 minutes to record a bit of me on a tablet, get it into the DR pc, and prep the video in sync with the audio ready for some very quick edits just to get a feel for the idea and really just to see what it looks like. and trust me, within 10 minutes i had it all in there and ready for auditioning...

yep! the video i took was crap. shit in fact! the dual monitors were the only light source, i was busy watching a screen while i sung along half paying attention, and it was abundantly obvious i didnt even know the f**n words to my own little jam lol. but it was more than enough of an experience once i had watched it back, to know i had to invest more time and intention and energy into this idea as it was already looking to be a worthwhile venture...

it was also the first time i was consciously aware and noticing the fact that my front tooth being missing was a distraction. damd f**n grrr. im not a vain soul, trust me, one of the most grounded souls you will ever meet, but i did notice it more than usual, and maybe i really need to do something about it if i want to keep making recordings of myself. anyway ho hum, onwards and upwards...

as you will see, the latest mike side chat video is really the makings of this songs vocal videos, as well as y other songs still under the 'WIP' or work in progress you might say...

so this led to me quite literally turning our bedroom upside down in the hopes i came up with a consistent and suitable and workable working practice on getting me into the camera against a bigger and emptier whiter (ish for now, wheres that paint brush) wall than before, and into davince resolve, in such a way as to making the editing of the video in davinci resolve later as much of a breeze as possible.

remember, 'quality has to be built in, it can not be inspected in' and you can believe me when i say, im trying im trying im trying...

VOCAL MIMES DONE

so once i finished recording me on video singing to a free-style jam i made 15 years ago, and not long after i did the spontaneous mike side chat, i quit cause i had enough, and waited till the next day before i started looking at the newer footage in sync with the song in dr...

it really was worth all the preliminary efforts i put into the preperation of the making of the video. it was a workable method, it could be repeated, and it delivered results. damd good ones too. all reasons i like...

i noticed the newer takes were much more in tune with the song and more suited to what i wanted to see. and the background was even easier to edit out now in davinci resolve compared for arguments sake to 'why i watch ya' by hanging a white sheet up in the back attic recording studio. this way is waaay much better and repeatable moreso i say...

WAKE UP STU

luckily while making the videos of me, i realised after a while i liked the hap hazzardly whimzical occasional drift of my head against the wall, and loved the tendancy of not looking at the camera. it was almost as if the singer was reminising the events as apposed to reliving them. it worked, i liked, and so i found the take that looked like this the most and went with it...

and in hindsight it was a shock to see just how much of the lyrics i did not know and i could tell instantly while watching the videos back, i had to hear the singing to know what to sing lol. thats why you dont see a lot of me at the beginning of each paragraph or verse hahahah. cause i dont f**n know them tbh lol...

also. the video vocals of me miming to the lyrics i ended up using in the final video in davinci resolve, are the only segments in the davinci resolve timeline editor page, that use a lot of video fade ins and outs...

nearly all of the other videos files from pexels or pixabay have next to no fx, and simply cut in and out of existence in the final production somewhere near the thump of the bass drum. no video fade ins, and no fade outs. expect when im actually trying to do some clever Vfx that is. all something i never intended, but it just kind of happened that way, and in hindsite it ended up making my life much easier, while giving me the exact vibe i wanted off the video. very much food for thought for me in the future and a very interesting learning curve...

has to be said, each video i do, seems to develop into a new and different working practice from the outset, and i always seem to learn something new, with each new video i make. great, just how i like it, learning on the job, no manual required. anyway, thats what youtube is for...

[[[ and on that above point, with regards to the 'out of touch' video my brain is currently on overload to do with adding vfx with adjustment clips, and now fusion too, but the very very strange thing is the concept of the final video output. look! i dont know either, but just go watch the shorts, and then try times that by 10. i love what i am imagining and seein in my head, but you all out ther might not. and i dont even know if a whole song of it is really sustainable...

oh! and because i really hammered PixVerse website with their AI generation, i have about 2 songs worth of video, so there definately wont be a shortage of space video content to manipulate in dr i can tell you... ]]]

finally all! i really hope you like it. i hope you get inspired to go make a video with pexels videos or pixabay videos. i hope you all go and try a little free ai video making tools as well. you never know what you might make next. and i really do most of all, this little write-up helps you to motivate yourself in a whole new direction. lets us all go co-create something amazing and new for the world to see...

may god guide you, may god bless you, and may god protect you. but most of all, i love you all, and i truly wish you well. stay in the love light and dont forget to keep learning & living. after all, thats what god put you there for...

ps
THE BOOTLEG VERSION

it was totally out the blue idea, and similar to 'listen, what can you hear' in that the acid version was never intended, but turned out to be a really nice little touch and addon to the allready existing main mix you are about to hear. took me about an hour to chuck together. soz! nope? ok, your right! it was quicker than that! ;P...

i may decide to re-do the acid version if its required, but for now im gonna leave it as a free to hear bootleg of Moonchill's original rebirth 338 track. you can easily find it on the internet. and i dont think its a copyright issue as the software source is all public domain now. but if it does become a copyright infringement, or if there is a formal request to a financially bennefiting contractual release to compliment the commercial version, i may do one then, maybe, if i can be bothered. hey, just listen to the freeby bootleg i made on youtube, give moonchill big luv n respect, and lets make more good tunes i say...

god bless rebirth 338,,, and god bless moonchill for this bootleg...

love light learn live...
jsm...
May God Guide You, May God Bless You, May God Protect You...
love light learn live, but dont forget to live...
jsm...